Me and my shadow doing hotel selfies 🌝🌚
so you’ve fallen in love with an under appreciated actor with a terrible filmography: a memoir
i have now met and spent a couple of hours chatting about fanfic with idiopathicsmile and i can confirm that she is adorable and super smart and lovely to talk to both about nitty gritty writing process stuff but also about terrible puns and fashionable grandmas
we might live like never before
when there’s nothing to give
well how can we ask for more (x)
Talk to the parts of the person that aren’t being eaten by the depression. Make it as easy as possible to make and keep plans, if you have the emotional resources to be the initiator and to meet your friends a little more than halfway. If the person turns down a bunch of invitations in a row because (presumably) they don’t have the energy to be social, respect their autonomy by giving it a month or two and then try again. Keep the invitations simple; “Any chance we could have breakfast Saturday?” > “ARE YOU AVOIDING ME BECAUSE YOU’RE DEPRESSED OR BECAUSE YOU HATE ME I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU.” “I miss you and I want to see you” > “I’m worried about you.” A depressed person is going to have a shame spiral about how their shame is making them avoid you and how that’s giving them more shame, which is making them avoid you no matter what you do. No need for you to call attention to it. Just keep asking. “I want to see you” “Let’s do this thing.” “If you are feeling low, I understand, and I don’t want to impose on you, but I miss your face. Please come have coffee with me.” “Apology accepted. ApologIES accepted. So. Gelato and Outlander?”
P.S. A lot of people with depression and other mental illnesses have trouble making decisions or choosing from a bunch of different options. “Wanna get dinner at that pizza place on Tuesday night?” is a LOT easier to answer than “So wanna hang out sometime? What do you want to do?”
"On sunny afternoons when he’s in the apartment, he gets a pillow from the couch and follows the sunlight across the living room floor, perfectly on the path of the carpet, sprawling and smiling and lazy, usually ending up right in Grantaire’s path on his way to the kitchen by the time the sun starts going down."
even if smoo hadn’t nagged me to do this i couldn’t have resisted doing fanart for this ficlet of lady_ragnell's, it was just a really really lovely image and gave me a chance to play with lighting and posing and drawing enjolras consistently.
Please pass this around for everyone attending the con this weekend!
Also, if you’re going to be at DC, here’s some tips that can hopefully help if you’re in an uncomfortable situation:
- Look for someone wearing a red lanyard. Folks with red lanyards are DC volunteers and they can help you.
- Strangers touching your costume, hair, or body without your consent = harassment, and it’s okay to remind them of it.
- Strangers taking your picture without your permission or knowledge = harassment. If you see this happening to someone else at the con, speak up and alert security!
- Take note of the offender’s name, badge, and any other details like costuming/clothing, etc.
- If an offender gives you pushback or gets defensive, state firmly, “This con has a harassment policy.”
- The Dragon Con security room is Marriott room M102.
- If you see something, say something.
Have a safe and fun con!